So far it's not been a great day. Son has woken up feeling bad & belligerent so I've had to deal with him trying to 'doosh' everyone and anything that aggravates him. Daughter had rowing but set her alarm for 7 instead of 8 so I had her coming in to speak to me constantly between 7 and 9am. Son arrived in my room around 8:45 which wold have been a nice sleep in. Son gave me the things he made at school when he got home yesterday as well as what he bought at the school stall. I got a lovely picture with things he'd said about why he loves me. A bookmark and a card all made by him. I also got a scarf, a facewasher and some body wash from the school stall. Daughter has something else and she's making a powerpoint show for me but I have to wait for those.
Meals for the day - well I'm not getting taken out for lunch nor having it made for me. I didn't expect that though. Dinner, daughter had planned to take me out but had not thought about the logistics so I'm working on that now. Might get to have dinner out, might not :)
I rang my Mother and I have to say she didn't talk overly much about my niece but still enough to aggravate me. In a call from me on Mothers day I don't expect to discuss anything but her day & my day with a smattering of how my kids are & news about A's mum. Oh well...
A's mum - I tried to call her. I did a bit of searching and decided she was now in a hospice. I rang there and I was right, she is a patient but I couldn't speak to her. With the transfer to the hospice comes a new drug regimen to deal with her pain and they've given her too high a dose it seems. She's just not comprehending what's happening today so I'm glad I sent the photos of the kids and a gift with A on Friday. I'm also hoping that I can get the kids to Melbourne to see her before it's too late. I wish I knew more of what was happening...
Overall not the best Mother's day but I've had worse. My worst would have to have been 1984. JC had died in the January and I was consumed by grief still. It was so hard to get through that day, made harder still by comments made by A's grandfather. So for the rest of my day I am hoping that my children find their friendship mode and are nice to each other, that my Mother in law has a day free of pain, that my Mother appreciates I rang her and that all my friends who are Mums, hoping to be Mums or Mums to more children than can be seen on this day, have the best day they possibly can. That they all feel loved and appreciated as they deserve to be.
Happy Mothers Day to you all.
Edit :
My children found their friend side and spent much of the afternoon being nice to each other. After O & I did some supermarket shopping and got home, he & J gave me some gifts. Not without a little drama though. J noticed a corner of the wrapping paper was torn, asked O if he did it & he subsequently ran out the front door crying. So we opened my gifts out in the street... I got a box of Malteasers, 400gm in one box
I got a couple of DVD's and a pair of PJ's with a great logo...
I've managed to make my kids understand I'm not old :) Yay me :)
I took the kids to dinner at a restaurant that I do payroll for. So the kids are known, I don't' pay full price and we know the meals are delish. O actually behaved reasonably well, usually he runs amok but he mostly stayed at the table this time. Perhaps he's finally growing up a little.
Overall my Mother's day was a good one until...
I left messages for my sister in law to ring me but I've not heard from her. Tonight ex rang me to let me know his Mother is failing fast. It's unlikely she'll make the end of the month. So that's a very sad end to Mother's day 2010. I'm going to see if I can change the airline tickets to Friday so we can be in Melbourne for a little longer and perhaps see her a couple of times.
Always so honest. That was lovely to read. The day is not over yet ;). Sending you lots of love today. And what a special mum you are. xx
ReplyDeleteThank you Taryn :) I will edit later to include the rest of the day :) I hope your day is fabulous :)
ReplyDeleteKnow what?
ReplyDeleteI don't think we should even have a 'mothers day'.
Well every day should be a day we're shown appreciation :) Is that your reasoning Thea?
ReplyDelete