Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Hump day Happiness

Right at this moment I'm not so sure there is any but there must be. So, in a an attempt to emulate Naomi over at Under the Yardarm, I will endeavour to find some.

I've sorted out the problems my boss causes with invoicing so that's good but no Hump day Happiness in that, more like job satisfaction repairing job angst.



I took Mr5 to talk to our therapist (first time this year) because he's been so angry and that means emotional turmoil for him. She helped him to have a less angry day today, not free of it but improving. Only one tantrum (at the shopping centre) a couple of almost altercations with Miss12 and some angry words at me. Nope, Hump day Happiness that is not, perhaps Hump Day Ha...ss, all the middle ground is missing.

Miss12 decided to speak to me with a forked tongue tonight and got a sound telling off about her manner of speaking with me. I can't see why I should tolerate such rudeness most especially when it's just because she's frustrated with herself. Shades of her father there and it's just not acceptable. So again, no Hump day Happiness it was more like Hump Day puberty...

What else can I check...

I got some beautiful cuddles from Mr5 in the periods of "not angry" today and Miss12 gave me a lovely hug before puberty blues caused a blue. Mr5 shared some pages of a book that he was interested in before the idea of burning plastic on the stove became more interesting (I stopped him before he did that, this time), he also has stayed quietly in his bed for the last hour even though I seriously wish he was asleep. I also wish he'd cleaned his teeth and washed his face but he just mucked around and missed his deadline (stove timer set for 10 minutes otherwise 3 hours later I'm still trying to get him to focus, slight exaggeration)

I just came out of Miss12's room feeling like a bitch for having to make her see how damaging the way she speaks to me could be. I use an analogy of every word being like a nail in a fence, an apology might pull the nail out but there's still a hole in the fence where the rudeness/anger hit me. She fees bad, as she should but so do I.

Still no Hump day Happiness...

What else ... my children are in their beds, they're both alive, they're both healthy, they both love me (after they get over any anger/angst), they're mine to love and care for, discipline, motivate, teach, enthuse, amuse and all those other things a parent has the honour of doing. So while that might not really be a Hump day Happiness because it's really my every day Happiness, I will take it and I will love that I have it. My Hump day Happiness has to be my children. They are more than I ever hoped for, more than I ever wished for, more than I could ever want.

2 comments:

  1. Every day happiness is better than one day that's for sure. That's what I love about kids.. just when you think there is nothing, they fill you with all consuming love.
    Thanks for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz K (LizK_is on twitter)May 27, 2010 at 4:02 AM

    Kids are the best :) even when they're being awful :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I love to know who's been reading and what you thought :)