Sunday, April 25, 2010

Telstra sucks

This is what I wrote in February 2008 when Telstra decided my life needed some higher stress levels.

Quote "I've spent the last hour on the phone to them because they rang me to say they'd just billed me a very unusual amount for data usage.



I set up a data pack for while I was in hospital and I rang on Feb 2nd to ask them not to bill me the next month, confirmed the current pack ran until the 6th and used the data pack through the afternoon so I would have used at least half of what I paid for. Apparently Telstra cancelled the data pack from the moment I rang and they've charged me some incredibly high per kb price to arrive at a bill of $9576.00 or something...


O M F G Does not cover it...

The woman I spoke to tells me I won't be charged that amount, she's put the account/billing on hold until the matter is resolved and then put me through the the mobile services area. They're the ones who tell me (today) that they cancelled the data pack as soon as I rang. Pity the woman I spoke to at the time didn't fucking bother to tell me that !!!!!! Of course now I'm worried that because I did cancel the data pack they may decide it is my problem to pay the bill and I don;t have that sort of money...

I am so fucking scared that I'll have to find nearly $10000.00 to pay Telstra and I don't need this shit."

Later : Approximately 5 months and dozens of phone calls to Telstra later, including one where the Tesltra employee laughed at me (yes laughed, they thought it was hilarious to be billed over $9500 and corrected me when I quoted approximate amounts rather than the exact figure, but that' okay, I'm only a customer) I got advise by a Telstra employee to "contact the Ombudsman because obviously Telstra wasn't going to help me". Thre are some employees who are nice. So after another month the Ombusdman managed to get Telstra to reverse the charge, proving that they do have employees who have sufficient authority to do so. Then I get a phone call from Telstra asking me if I am satisfied this closes the matter. Like I'm thinking straight when I finally find out I don't have to pay $10000... Although I was pleased about that there was no apology for the stress they caused, no offer of any compensation, nothing... I'm not worth that much to Telstra...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, I love to know who's been reading and what you thought :)