Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Out of left field

I was poking around in my huge box of photos (it's amazing how many you can collect over 30 years) and I came across something my brother sent me many years ago. I thought it worth posting as it reminds me that, regardless of how he behaves towards me now, he has a heart and it broke for me when JC died.



I remember him so vaguely now,
across the years
Mostly I remember his smile,
his last day, my tears.

The red fire truck I gave him,
its noisy eeaw, clack, clack.
We all thought we'd regret it.
Short joy it bought, I want him back.

My manhood deserted me
when I saw his face turn blue.
I ran, I screamed, I feared.
I was lost for what to do.

I watched him slip away.
I saw your courage and your faith.
My heart reached out to both of you,
but I was lost for what to do.

I still cry for him now and then.
I still cry for both of you.
God's justice is cruel and sour,
and I'm still lost for what to do!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow. That is an amazing poem written by your brother. I'm sure that moment changed life's course for everyone who was there that day.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I love to know who's been reading and what you thought :)